Thursday 5th September 2019 at 10.00am to Thursday 5th September 2019 at 1.00pm
In partnership with North East Derbyshire and Derbyshire Dales District Council, we invite you to join us for the Walk Moor programme on the Eastern Moors.
You're welcome to come along whether you're interested in exploring new areas on the moors, getting more exercise or meeting new people. Your walk will be led by an experienced leader and you'll also meet other people who volunteer on the Eastern Moors.
All walks are 2.5 to 3.5 miles long and should take around 90 minutes. At the end of each walk you'll have the opportunity to go somewhere for refreshments so bring some money and a change of shoes.
Thursday 5th September
Meeting at Woodcroft car park, Longshaw Estate at 10am for a 10.30am start
Walk up Houndkirk Road then follow moorland paths to the Burbage valley returning through the Longshaw Estate.
Length: 3 miles
Parking: Woodcroft car park (£3.50 for 4 hours or free for National Trust members)
The weather on the moors is changable so it's good to go prepared:
- Wear a waterproof jacket and warm layers. Long trousers are recommended to protect your legs from brambles and ticks.
- Waterproof shoes with ankle support and good grip, such as hiking boots, are necessary to protect you on uneven ground.
- Wear a hat and gloves in spring and autumn, and a sunhat and suncream in summer.
- Carry some water and a snack.
- If you have walking poles, bring them with you.
Dogs are welcome but please keep them on a lead of less than 2m at all times.What's On